Our engineering office
IEA GmbH & Co. KG emerged from the engineering office Eligehausen and Asmus (IEA, founded in 2004). IEA in turn goes back to an office founded by Prof. Eligehausen in 1995.
Since its foundation, the engineering office has been located in Stuttgart-Vaihingen. The managing directors of IEA GmbH & Co. KG are Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rolf Eligehausen and Dr.-Ing. Jörg Asmus.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Eligehausen taught and researched at the Institute for Materials in Civil Engineering at the University of Stuttgart until 2009.
Dr.-Ing. Asmus was a staff member at the Institute for Materials in Civil Engineering at the University of Stuttgart and earned his doctorate in the field of fastening technology.
The IEA is a recognized and notified inspection and certification body according to the Construction Products Act (identification number: 2323).
The basis for this is the Construction Products Regulation (BauPVO) and, in conjunction with this regulation, the recognition as a testing, monitoring and certification body by the German Institute for Building Technology (DIBt) of 5 June 1999 (GBl. p.262).
Furthermore, the IEA is a recognized testing, inspection and certification body according to the State Building Code (LBO) (identification number: BWU030).
Certificates of current certifications, notifications and notices can be found in our download area.
TEST, MONITOR, CERTIFY
- Supervision of national or international approval procedures (Germany, Europe, USA)
- Expert services (ö.b.u.v.) for anchoring technology in structures (IHK)
- DIBt testing laboratory recognized under building law (Z-21.8)
- PÜZ Center: Monitoring and certification body according to BauPVo in accordance with ISO 17065 (identification number: 2323) and state building regulations (LBO BWU030)
- Inspection agency for post-installed reinforcement connections (DIBt Z-21.8)
- Certified as “Inspection Agency” according to ISO 17020, number AA-707, Type A (Third Party) Body
- Assessment of fastening and anchoring systems for different applications in concrete, masonry and natural stone
- Quality monitoring, quality management
- Training courses and lectures, training documentation and technical documentation
- Structural analysis and remediation
- Assessment for earthquake and fire exposure
- Tests on the structure, material tests and test loads
- Numerical simulations (FEM, parameter studies)
- Testing of design software / software support
- Cooperation in expert and standardization committees (DIBt / DIN / CEN / ACC / FIB)
CERTIFICATES AND ACCREDITATION DOCUMENTS
IEA GmbH & Co. KG has the competence according to DIN EN ISO / IEC 17065:2013 to perform certifications and surveillance of products in the following areas:
The IEA is a recognized testing, monitoring and certification body (PÜZ) according to the State Building Code (LBO BWU030):
IEA is accredited as an Inspection Agency (AA-707, IAS, Type A) according to ISO 17020 for products according to the following standards and regulations:
Anchors in concrete and in masonry elements under:
ICC-ES AC01, AC58, AC60, AC70, AC106, AC116, AC120, AC193, AC201, AC232, AC233, AC257, AC308
FRP Products under:
Since September 2018, the IEA is a recognized PÜZ Center according to LBO. If you have any questions, please contact us.
You are seeking European technical approval for one of your construction products. We will be happy to advise you and coordinate the necessary steps with you and the approval body.
- Clarification of whether an EU directive or standard already exists for the product and must be applied.
- Drafting and preparation of a European Assessment Document (EAD).
- Review and assessment of the tests, calculations and investigations.
- Preparation of the ETA documents, the test plan and the monitoring concept.
If we have aroused your interest, simply contact us:
- DIBt test center recognized under building law (Z-21.8)
- PÜZ Center: Surveillance and certification body according to BauPG (identification number: 2323)
- German accreditation body
- Certified as “Inspection Agency” according to ISO 17020, Number AA-707, Type A (Third Party) Body
We will be happy to provide you with more detailed information on our certifications in a personal and non-binding consultation.
YOUR CONTACT PERSONS
IEA GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: +49(711)677 1908
Coming from the A8 or A81, take the A831 in the direction of “Zentrum / Universität” at the Stuttgart-Vaihingen intersection. Leave the highway at the exit “Stuttgart-Vaihingen” and turn right. You are then on the “Hauptstraße”. Drive along this street until the end of the main street. You will find our office on the left-hand side near Schillerplatz. Parking is available in several underground garages in the shopping center “Schwabengalerie” or at the “Marktplatz”.
By public transport
From the main station, take the S-Bahn line S1, S2 or S3 in the direction of Herrenberg, Flughafen or Vaihingen. Get off at the Vaihingen station. From there walk approx. 300 m in the direction of Schillerplatz, Hauptstraße.
From the airport
From Stuttgart-Echterdingen Airport, take the S2 or S3 S-Bahn line to the “Vaihingen” S-Bahn station. Get off at the Vaihingen station. From there walk approx. 300 m in the direction of Schillerplatz, Hauptstraße.